Here’s a recipe to sweeten up your Valentine!
Makes around 25
What we need:
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of butter
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tsp Red Coloring
How we do:
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add the butter and cream it in so the mixture is of a bread crumb consistency.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- If the consistency is not binding well or is too dry add 1 tbsp of milk.
- Once the mixture has binded into a dough, flour a surface.
- Roll out the cookie dough so it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Now the fun bit! Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out the cookies.
- Place on a baking sheet/grease proof paper lined baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
NOW FOR THE BEST BIT!
As you can tell I tend to get excited when it comes to frosting. To make, simply mix 3/4 tsp of red coloring to 1 container of frosting. There was about 12 oz in the one I bought.
Once the cookies are removed and cooled, spread on the frosting.
Finish with sprinkles!
BALLE BALLE COOKIE TIME!