Tandoori is by far a classic Punjabi dish. Great as an appetizer or as a main with naan bread. I made it for my friend’s potluck yesterday and it worked out! It’s surprisingly simple, try it out for yourself!
What we need:
2-3 lbs of skinned/washed chicken thighs (hint: thighs on the bone are the most tender part)
3 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp chilly powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp of cardinam (elaichi) powder
juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
2 tbsp inch grated fresh ginger
2 cloves grated fresh garlic
1/2 fresh green chilly, finely chopped
handful fresh green corriander
3/4 cup yogurt
1/4 tsp red food coloring (optional)
3-4 tbsp of vegetable oil
How we do:
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients above (apart from the chicken) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix to form a paste type consistency
- Add the chicken and marinade thoroughly
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight is preferable)
- After 4 hours, remove from fridge and preheat oven to 500F/350C
- Place chicken on baking paper lined baking tray
- To ensure tenderness and juiciness spread oil all over the chicken (Inside tip:D)
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes
- After the first side has cooked, turn over, spread oil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove. Garnish as desired.
- BALLE BALLE! Mouth watering, delicious tandoori chicken is ready!