I love tea and although I’ve been drinking a lot of green tea recently, I don’t think anything beats home made ‘elaichi chai’. Elaichi (cardomom) is a herb which takes the form of seedpod. You can find them at all Indian grocery stores. It adds a distinct, somewhat sweet, pleasant flavor to tea.
Ch ch ch check it out:
What we need:
2 Cup of water
1 Tea bag of your choice (It’s all about Tetleys for me)
2 Cardomom pods
Sugar to taste
Milk to taste
How we do:
- Boil water
- Place the tea bag in a kettle and add the boiled water.
- Add cardamom powder to the kettle.
- Bring to boil on medium heat.
- Once it has boiled, turn the heat off. Strain the tea into two cups.
- Add sugar and milk according to taste.
- Enjoy 🙂