This chick-pea salad is a really good lunch option or side. Either way it tastes good, is really fresh and filling. You have the option of using pre-cooked chick-peas that come in a can or you can cook them in a pressure cooker which require the chick-peas to be soaked overnight before hand. This way takes a little longer but tastes better in my opinion. Either way the recipe is easy peasy so check it out:
What we need:
1 cup raw or 1/2 can cooked chick peas (also called garbanzo beans)
8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups of shredded lettuce (romaine/iceberg/spinach leaves)
half red onion, diced
half avocado, diced
8-10 green olives
handful fresh coriander
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to season
How we do:
- If you are using chick peas out of a bag, soak them overnight. Cook in pressure cooker or large pot until tender( usually about 10-12 in pressure cooker).
- In a dish mix together the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocados and olives.
- In a separate bowl, mix the vinegar, honey, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad. Mix well.
- Now add the coriander and chick-peas.
- BALLE BALLE! Enjoy.