This winter is proving to be a bitterly cold one in all parts of the world so today’s recipe definitely calls for some warmth! Yep yep, today is all about one of the best comfort foods around…roast potatoes. Soft and fluffy on the inside and perfectly crispy on the outside..mmm. Okay so lets get to it:
What we need:
500g/1lb new potatoes cut into half or king edwards cut into chunks
150 ml olive oil
2 tsp salt or according to taste
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp oregano
How we do:
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F.
- Half boil the potatoes in boiling salted water for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and season with pepper and oregano. Toss everything together so the edges are rough and the seasoning is mixed well.
- In a roasting tin, preheat the oil in the oven until the oil starts to smoke slightly (roughly takes 5 minutes).
- Carefully remove tin from oven and add the potatoes to the oil, basting them as you do so.
- Place the tin back into the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until they are gold and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- BALLE BALLE! You’re done-enjoy these winter warmers with your favorite roasted veggys and some delicious gravy.