Serves 4-6 people
What we need:
250g cubed paneer (mine was store bought but you can easily make home made paneer. Here’s a great recipe for it: http://cookeasy.wordpress.com/2006/11/05/make-paneer-at-home/
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste
3 tbsp yogurt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1-2 tsp salt
2 tsp tandoori masala (available from local indian grocery store)
pinch of citric acid (or dash of lemon juice)
handful of chopped cilantro (coridander)
1 large red + 1 green bell pepper (cut into 2″ squares)
1 big onions, cut into 2″ squares) (optional)
3 mushrooms, chopped into 4 pieces
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
12 wooden skewers
How we do:
- Preheat oven to 250C/500F
- In a bowl add the paneer and all add the ingredients listed above (apart from the skewers!). Mix well. If you have time, you can prepare this the day before and let it marinade overnight in the fridge. If not, no worries, you can cook it straight away too.
- On your first skewer, thread the paneer, peppers and onions. Repeat this process until the skewer is full. Continue to do this on the remaining skewers.
- Rest the skewers on a teflon/foil lined baking tray. Brush with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Balle Balle we’re done! Serve with salad. (You can also squeeze on some lemon juice and sprinkle on some chaat masala for that extra ‘chat patta’ taste).