Don’t forget, this recipe is customizable-I added some walnuts and dates in here so feel free to throw in what you like. Also, for all you vegetarians/vegans out there, this recipe is egg-less so get on it!
Makes Approx 24
What we need:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
Flax seed powder (optional)
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
3 cups oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts/almonds/dates(optional)
How we do:
- Preheat the oven to 180* C/ 350*F
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add the vanilla essence and milk.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt and flax seed. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and add the oats, raisins, walnuts and dates. Mix well.
- The mixture should be binded and sticky. If you find it’s a little dry, add a little milk.
- Using wet hands, make little balls out of the dough and place on a lined tray. Flatten so they are 1/4″ thick.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire tray.
- Balle Balle! You’re done. Enjoy these delicious cookies with a glass of chilled milk 😀